Monday, October 20, 2008

North Beach Fire Department Open House

Our own North Beach Volunteer Fire Department (Company 1) is having their open house on Saturday, October 25, 2008 at the firehouse from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM. Take advantage of the opportunity to tour our local firehouse and learn about all of the wonderful things that our Firefighters and EMT's do to help us out. In case you didn't know, this is an all-volunteer company. They are definitely here when we all need them and are truly a dedicated bunch of people. If you just happen to have any spare change around your house or any extra discretionary income in these hard times, please try and steer a few dollars towards the Fire Department. You never realize how very much you appreciate them until that awful day when you need a fire truck or ambulance at your own house. My family always makes a donation every year. I look at it as a payment in advance and a way to say "thanks for being there to help". Although, I do have to say, I kind of miss hearing the old fire siren go off to call the volunteers in for a call -- changing times, I guess, and I do understand why the neighbors had a problem with it. I just always looked at it as a reassuring sound that meant that help was needed and would be provided. I know, I'm old school...

No comments: